BallenIsles Country Club is excited to announce a great career opportunity. We are seeking an experienced Irrigation Technicianto join our Golf Course Maintenance team!
Ideal candidates are analytical leaders and problem solvers. They have basic knowledge of electricity and hydraulics related to an irrigation system, agronomy and turf science, and the game of golf. Additionally, this position will be responsible for supervising the crew, providing them with clear direction and safety support throughout the work day.
• Occasionally supervises a small labor force for special projects, and performs other duties as directed by supervisor
• Reports golf course conditions to the golf course superintendent or assistant golf course superintendent
• Opens the maintenance shop and runs operations in the absence of the golf course superintendent and assistant golf course superintendent
• Repairs and ensures proper operation of the irrigation system as needed
• Waters greens, tees and fairways
• Repairs greens with seeds or plugs of new grass when needed
• Aerifies greens; verticuts and or mow tees and greens; spikes greens; operates sod cutter, spray rigs for greens and fertilizer spreaders; and mows rough with rotary and operates other equipment as directed
• May be asked to change pins and tee markers
• Ensures a safe work environment
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or manager
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Must possess a valid driver’s license
• Ability to operate trucks and light motorized equipment.
• Working knowledge of basic electricity and hydraulics related to an irrigation system, including automatic valves and controllers and various types of pumps and pumping systems
• Knowledge of agronomy, turf grass science and the rules of golf
• Ability to work carefully and ensure co-workers are working in safety
• Possess leadership qualities
• Must have willingness to learn
• Must be driven and possess strong work ethic
• Must be dependable
• Ability to understand and follow oral instructions
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms.
• The employee is often required to stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls.
• They will occasionally be required to balance, stoop, twist upper body, kneel, and climb.
• The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 30lbs occasionally.
• Specific vision abilities include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, and depth perception
• Moderate exposure to extreme cold, heat, working outdoors, chemicals, pesticides, gasoline, vibration, pollen, dust, mechanical hazards, and electrical hazards.
• Noise level is typically moderate to loud
• Work extended hours during golf and holiday season
BallenIsles Country Club is located in the heart of Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, situated on 1,300 magnificent acres. This private member-owned club was founded in 1963 and is home to 1,575 member families. A $35 million clubhouse renovation was completed in November 2018, featuring 115,000 square feet of luxurious space; three championship golf courses with 54 holes of golf; a world-class 23-court tennis complex including an exhibition tennis court and pickleball courts; and a state-of-the-art Sports Complex with a full-service salon and spa, fitness center, Pilates and spin studios and resort-style swimming pool. Our six dining venues are noted for their variety of offerings from casual poolside dining to upscale global cuisine and exceptional catering and social events.
BallenIsles is open 7 days a week, 12 months per year, offering an array of best-in-class amenities and services. BallenIsles is honored to be designated as one of America’s Healthiest Clubs, a 5-Star Platinum Club of America, Audubon International Certified, CMAA International Wine Society recipient, The Association of Golf Merchandisers Platinum Award recipient, a Distinguished Club by Board Room Magazine and awarded Best Country Club of Palm Beach County.