We are seeking a Data Center Engineering Operations Technician (EOT) to join our team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for operating and maintaining mechanical and electrical equipment in the data center, troubleshooting facility and rack-level events, performing limited maintenance tasks, and providing support to Data Center Operations. Additionally, the EOT will take daily operational readings, utilize internal CMMS, supervise contractors, and ensure compliance with safety procedures.
We are currently seeking a skilled and experienced Data Center Facility Engineer to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the efficient operation and maintenance of the mechanical, electrical, and plumbing equipment and systems for our data center facility.
* Perform all plumbing, electrical, or HVAC requirements of the building(s).
* Maintain heating equipment, chillers (air and/or water-cooled), DX units, pumps, cooling towers, fan coil units, VAV, and air distribution systems, etc.
* Monitor and adjust all mechanical/pneumatic equipment, steam stations, control gauges, distributor panels, valves, thermostats, diffusers, and other equipment necessary to provide a comfortable environment for the data center facility.
* Verify field conditions and perform any necessary repairs or adjustments.
* Monitor Energy Management and perform any necessary repairs or adjustments.
* Perform preventive maintenance duties in accordance with industry best practices and standards, including changing filters, cleaning coils, flushing condensers, punching tubes, greasing fan, pump and motor bearings as required, inspecting and adjusting belts, replacing motor bearings, aligning pulleys and shafts, monitor condenser, chilled, heating and secondary water chemical treatment and its associated feed equipment, clean and maintain cooling towers, and perform annual inspections and other scheduled routines as directed.
* Inspect engine room equipment, fan room equipment, cooling tower, all motors, house pumps, electric rooms, back-up generator, fire pump(s), sump pump(s), and ejector pumps. Replace lamps, light fixtures, reinstall or replace signage, verify rooms are clean and clear of obstructions and debris.
* Check for properly operating emergency exit signs and lights and ensure free and clear access to emergency stairs and exits. Perform additional fire and life safety inspections as per NFPA and local jurisdiction, industry standards, building protocol and as directed by superiors and property management.
* Document and report activities to supervisor. * Respond immediately to emergency situations (fire, evacuation, equipment failure, etc.) and customer concerns.
* Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency, and company directives as relates to building operations and practice safe work habits.
* Complete all required safety training as scheduled annually.
* Comply with Uniform Dress Code while working and maintain a neat and clean appearance while on the property at times other than working hours.
* High School Diploma or GED Equivalent.
* Graduate of apprentice program or trade school preferred.
* 5+ years of related work experience in operating mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems in a commercial property setting.
* Technical proficiency.
* Sense of urgency.
* Ability to work extended periods of time without relief when responding to priority/emergency situations (including overtime type assignments).
* May require shift work and/or on-call duties.
If you meet the above qualifications and are passionate about delivering top-notch service to our customers, we would like to hear from you. We thank all applicants for their interest.
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, please call the ADA line at 1-888-365-5406 or email HRServices@cushwake.com. Please refer to the job title and job location when you contact us.
Work for the Best in the Industry - make your next move here!
Cushman & Wakefield is a leading global real estate services firm. As a leader in multifamily property management, we deliver exceptional value through tailored solutions that create efficient and engaging communities. Our passionate approach, strong operational practices and high-performing teams unlock every property’s ability to provide residents with a place they can truly call home.