Building Maintenance Technician
Job Description Summary
Responsible to assist with the operation troubleshooting, diagnostics, housekeeping, and repairs on commercial buildings, industrial systems, vehicles, grounds, and maintenance equipment for assigned properties/facilities.
General Maintenance Technician
Perform a variety of general maintenance functions, knowledge of DDC and pneumatic systems. Basic use of multiple power tools.
- Install a variety of flooring materials such as carpet tiles, floor tiles and vinyl flooring
- Sweat and solder pipe experience a plus
- Install and maintain door closers, locksets and passage sets
- Perform minor plumbing repairs including knowing how to run snakes and replace cast iron piping at times
- Perform preventive maintenance on facility equipment from pumps, fans, air handling equipment etc.
- Floor preventative maintenance such as light rounds and equipment rounds
- Perform other related duties as assigned, such as snow removal and assisting other departments within operation used as cross training
Emergency Generator Inspection and Test
- Perform monthly generator testing
- Knowledge of FLS a plus
- Assist and escort outside vendors during or after hours as requested
Air Compressor Inspection and Test
- Perform monthly test and inspection of all air compressors
- Verify on a monthly basis pneumatic systems
- Assist and escort outside vendors as requested
Sprinkler Piping Systems Inspection and Test
- Perform daily inspection of the sprinkler riser rooms to ensure proper water pressure is being maintained
- Perform monthly test and inspection of all fire pumps according to building
- Respond 4 hours before shift for any snow storm and assist grounds team
- Remove snow from steps, walkways, exits, and fire hydrants utilizing C&W Services personnel
- Apply ice melt to walkways and steps when necessary
- Knowledge on how to operate snow removal tractors such as john deer and atv's a plus.
- Perform monthly usual inspection of the facility roofs to clear debris and to make note of any deterioration or damage to the roof
- On a monthly basis, clean out all roof drains to ensure proper drainage of water from the roof
- Support the work of outside roofing contractors during repair or replacement projects
Plumbing Repair and Maintenance
- Repair flushometers, faucets, and valves
- Inspect and clean out all cafeteria grease traps on a weekly basis and verify enzymes are properly working
- Provide labor and equipment necessary to attempt to unclog sewage and drain lines
- Perform monthly test and inspection of sewer ejector pumps (If applicable)
General Mechanical Repair and Maintenance
- Repair or replace damaged passage sets
- Repair or replace inoperable interior door closers
- Repair, replace, or adjust interior doors
- Replace damaged, stains, or missing ceiling tiles
- Replace damaged VCT floor tile
- Refasten existing or replace damaged covebase
- Hang bulletin boards, writing boards, and pictures
- Patch and paint interior walls and surfaces
- Minor rug repair.
- Three to five years experience as a general maintenance mechanic in a commercial/industrial facility
- Ability to perform a variety of carpentry related tasks
- Capable of performing plumbing repairs and maintaining facility equipment
- Familiar with surface preparation and painting drywall, wood, and metal surfaces
- Ability to effectively communicate and respond to customer needs
- Ability to cover and respond to emergency and on-call needs (rotating with other staff members).
- Ability to carry 25lbs constantly and 50-75lbs from time to time
- Ability to walk or stand for long periods at the time
- Ability to use ladders
About C&W Services
A leader in facilities services with 65 years of experience. C&W Services is one of the largest facility services companies in the USA & Canada with a 65-year history of helping clients drive down operating expenses, increase facility efficiency and up-time, enable strategic business decisions and create positive experiences for the people who work, shop, learn, live and play in the facilities we maintain. We're building the best team in the industry - our people are the heart and vitality of C&W Services. In joining C&W Services, you're joining a firm with a rich history, blue-chip client list, and the backing of sister company Cushman & Wakefield, one of the world's largest property advisory firms and the reason for our success is simple - talented people.
Learn why C&W Services is an ideal place for veterans to continue their careers: https://cwservices.com/veterans/
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Cushman & Wakefield also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health, vision, and dental insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life, and disability insurance programs, and paid and unpaid time away from work. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, Cushman and Wakefield provide eligible employees with competitive pay, which may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, total hours worked, job type, business line, and applicability of collective bargaining agreements.The compensation that will be offered to the successful candidate will depend on factors such as whether the position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement, the geographic area in which the work will be performed, market pay rates in that area, and the candidate's experience and qualifications.The company will not pay less than minimum wage for this role.The compensation for the position is: $28.00 - $30.00C&W Services is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, please call the ADA line at 1-888-365-5406 or email HRServices@cushwake.com. Please refer to the job title and job location when you contact us.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, email HRServices@cushwake.com or HRServices@cwservices.com. All inquiries not related to accommodations will go unanswered.