Our Lakeland, FL Distribution Center is seeking a dynamic and motivated Maintenance Technician to join our team. This is a chance to work for a company that has the rare mix of being a fun, yet high-paced and professional work environment. The Maintenance Technician is responsible for ensuring the optimal utilization of the organization's facilities. Ensures proper functioning of facilities through ongoing inspection and maintenance. The successful candidate will have 1-3 years experience, be well-rounded in industrial electrical skills, repair experience and knowledge of a broad range of facility systems. This position requires excellent troubleshooting skills and the ability to perform many complex technical tasks.
* Monday- Thursday 11am-7:30pm and Friday 9am-completion.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Provide support for all facility systems and equipment including but not limited to conveyors, printers, strappers, compressors and other automated technologies.
* Ability to measure voltage and current accurately and safely and to use this data to troubleshoot and repair various circuits.
* Troubleshoot control circuits and devices such as photo eyes, solenoid valves, limit switches, indicating lights and safety switches.
* Perform Preventive Maintenance (PM) tasks on a daily basis and complete documentation.
* Lubricate, oil, and clean devices as specified in their maintenance manuals.
* General building and office maintenance.
* Position will require lifting and carrying up to 40 pounds on a regular basis (8-hour shift plus overtime if necessary); lift and carry from 50 to 75 lbs. for short distances.
* Experience with CMMS programs and PM process
* Three plus years in maintenance, as mechanic or technician in an industrial environment.
* Must be self-motivated and work without direct supervision.
* Demonstrated ability to participate as a member of a multi-functional team.
* Must have proven history of acceptable safety and attendance.
* Strong analytical and mechanical skills, attention to detail required.
* Must be on call 24/7.
* Ability to work days, evenings and weekends as directed.
* Specific knowledge of PLC's/low voltage.
* Forklift experience a plus.
* Associate degree, trade school certification, or other verifiable training or experience in a relevant technical field.
* Understanding of the electrical and mechanical systems used in a distribution center including transformers, generators, switchgear.
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to McKessonTalentAcquisition@mckesson.com . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!
Internal Number: JR0043656
About McKesson Corporation
We deliver careers with purpose and potential. Our focus on better health starts with creating an inclusive environment with strong values where you can build a fulfilling career. You can count on us to provide you with resources and opportunities to grow and be your best, while contributing to our pursuit of improving lives. Every day, McKesson’s employees deliver products to healthcare providers that make a difference in the care and life of a patient. We work to distribute medical supplies, bandages, syringes, vials of flu vaccine, and pharmaceutical drugs to help real patients like Jack, an eight-year-old boy battling cancer. We take that job seriously. Together, the work we do is shaping the future of healthcare. If you are passionate about combining a meaningful career with a balanced life, join us on this journey and apply for a job with McKesson today. Every day, McKesson’s employees deliver products to healthcare providers that make a difference in the care and life of a patient.